- Build java application. compile, assemble, test.
- Like Make in the days of C/C++
- Provide uniform build system
- Documentation tool to unify many subprojects
- reusable ant scripts, autoamtic download ant dependencies
- Software Configuration Management
- Think of modern, glorified source control system like git, mercurial hg
- see Source Control
- Continuous Integration
- Have automated builds, all the time. cuz compile time is goof-off times for developers, and that's not allowed :-P
- Integrated Development Environment. Text Editor with hooks to trigger build, debug, etc.
- eg: Eclipse, NetBean
Software Development ModelsAs explained by the folks at toggl:
Search within the PSG pages:
Copyright info about this work
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike2.5 License.
Pocket Sys Admin Survival Guide: for content that I wrote, (CC)
some rights reserved.
2005,2012 Tin Ho [ tin6150 (at) gmail.com ]
Some contents are "cached" here for easy reference. Sources include man pages, vendor documents, online references, discussion groups, etc. Copyright of those are obviously those of the vendor and original authors. I am merely caching them here for quick reference and avoid broken URL problems.
Where is PSG hosted these days?
http://tin6150.github.io/psg/psg2.html This new home page at github
http://tiny.cc/tin6150/ New home in 2011.06.
http://tin6150.s3-website-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/psg.html (coming soon)
ftp://sn.is-a-geek.com/psg/psg.html My home "server". Up sporadically.
http://www.fiu.edu/~tho01/psg/psg.html (no longer updated as of 2007-05)